This privacy and cookies policy (together with the documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us through our Websites www.fingathing.co.uk (we refer to both sites together in this privacy and cookies policy as the “Website”), will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy does not apply to practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
We will only collect and process information about you in accordance with this privacy and cookies policy. By using the Website and/or submitting any personal information to us, you consent to such processing.
If you have any concerns over privacy, or this privacy and cookies policy contact us at email@example.com. This policy was last updated on 21 May 2018.
ABOUT THE WEBSITE AND THIS PRIVACY/COOKIES POLICY
The Website allows users to browse and purchase our products. Our Terms and Conditions apply to purchases made through our Website and can be found here.
DATA WE MAY COLLECT
We may ask you for, or you may submit, certain personal and non-personal information and data to us through the Website when you use the Website. This includes:
• your name and address;
• your username and password;
• your e-mail address;
• your phone number;
• any other content you submit to us via the Website (collectively, “Your Content”), such as comments, enquiries, marketing preferences and referral details, and other information concerning your use of the Website; and
We also automatically collect information about your use of our Website. This can include how a user has engaged with the Website. Such information is anonymous.
We may also collect and process your browsing and log data collected by Google Analytics cookies and other technical means that we may employ to recognise your device when you visit the Website.
USES OF DATA
All information we hold will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used as follows:
• name, address, username and password: to register and administer your user account;
• e-mail address: to contact you with news, to offer you additional products or services, or to provide you with updates to the Website and products that you have ordered and purchased through the Website;
• phone number: to contact you about matters requiring your urgent attention, to verify your identity or to provide other services with your consent (such as text message notifications); and
• Your Content: to market to you or third parties in accordance with your instructions and to respond to your enquiries.
Information submitted to us via the Website may also be used to:
• enable our compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
• enable your use of the Website;
• provide you with up to date, efficient and reliable services;
• monitor the use of the Website; and
• generally run and improve the Website.
Google Analytics and advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers may be used to conduct analytics on your visit to the Website, including by recording and analysing user behaviour, location, audience, demographic and interest data. This information may be used in order to enable remarketing to you and may be shared with Google.
We might collect sensitive information about you but we will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
MANAGEMENT OF DATA
We will only use information collected about you in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Fingathing Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09720073.
If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that you think is incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall correct or remove the data as you request as soon as and insofar as is reasonably practicable. If you would like to receive a copy of the information we have about you, please note that an administration fee of £10 may be applicable.
We use reasonable efforts to protect your personal data. However, the Internet is an insecure medium and any transmission of personal data to us via our Website is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
When you get in contact with us (for example by email or via a form on the Website) we will keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference and so we can improve the Website.
We may anonymise information about you (so that you cannot be identified from it by third parties) and provide that information to third parties for the purposes of marketing analysis or to market the Website.
COOKIES, BEACONS AND TRACKING
Our Website uses ‘cookies’ and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer and mobile device by software that you install. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies may also be stored in your internet browser by or on behalf of third parties, such as Google or providers of advertising services.
• learn about how the Website is being used and which types of individuals are using it;
• record and report user behaviour, location, audience, demographic and interest data;
• record which other websites and/or platforms have referred users to the Website;
• optimise and improve the Website and improve our services;
• make it easier for you to fill in forms via the Website;
• enable the Website to remember your preferences; and
• provide you with relevant advertising.
We use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ use of the Website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the Website to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies, but parts of the Website may not work properly.
We may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone (or other portable or static device used to access the Website) and your visit to the Website, including where available your IP address, operating system, login, device name, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners and if necessary our advertisers.
We may use other technologies such as pixel tags, clear GIFs and web beacons on the Website.
MARKETING AND E-MAIL COMMUNICATIONS
We might send you marketing emails about products or services which are similar to or related to those available via our Website, or contact you by email with information about updates to the Website. We will not send you any other marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
We give you a choice of whether or not you want us or other companies to contact you about future offers, events, products and services you may be interested in.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information about you to other members of our group of companies or to trusted third parties, (both inside and outside the European Economic Area):
• for marketing purposes to e.g. Mailchimp, based in the USA, so we might use their email services to keep you up to date with news about our products and services; and/or;
• to our payment processors, PayPal or Sagepay, to enable them to process your payments.
Your personal information may also be disclosed:
• if we buy or sell any businesses or assets; or
• with a view to preventing fraud or reducing credit risk; or
• if we are obliged to do so to comply with law, regulations or a court order; or if it is necessary to enforce any other agreements to which we are a party; or if it is necessary to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or users.
If we share your personal information with other companies, those companies may contact you by email and they may be based inside or outside of the EEA.
We will only hold data about you for as long as necessary, bearing in mind the purpose for which that data was collected.
If you follow a link from the Website to any third party websites, or use social media sharing buttons included on the Website, you should be aware that those websites and social networks may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check the policies of any third party websites before submitting any personal data to those websites.
We may make changes to this privacy and cookies policy in the future, which will be posted on this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes. Where appropriate we may notify you of changes by email.
You may request deletion of your account by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you delete your account but not in any manner that would identify you personally.
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to us. We will try to respond to you within 48 hours.